All my previous and current postgraduate students, with thesis titles.
- Dieudonne Kantu: “Portfolio decision analysis under uncertainty”.
- Neil Watson: “Player and team performance evaluation in rugby union”.
- Nakkita Lungoomeah: “Counting objects in images using deep learning, with applications to prey abundance estimation”
- Temweka Chirwa: “Detecting and isolating prey capture events in animal-borne video”
- Alex Conway: “Deep Neural Networks for Video Classification in Ecology”
- Bantu Halam (2020): “Mining a large shopping database to predict where, when, and what consumers will buy next”
- Emmanuel Kabuga (2019): “Individual photo identification of Western Cape Leopard Toads”
- Jenicca Poongavanan (2019, distinction): “Modelling range-wide abundance patterns of moss frogs (Arthroleptella lightfooti) using acoustic monitoring data”
- Hans-Peter Bakker (2019): “An Exploration of Media Repertoires in South Africa: 2002-2014”
- Stiaan Maree (2019): “Natural language processing on Data Warehouses”
- Qobo Dube (2018): “Species distribution modelling of Aloidedron dichotomum”
- Thembani Phaweni (2018): “Document classification with network based feature extraction”
- Gciniwe Dlamini (2018): “Machine learning methods for individual acoustic recognition in a species of field cricket”
- Georgina Rakotonirainy (2016, distinction). “Decision support for the production and distribution of electricity under load shedding”.
- Thandulwazi Magadla (2014). “Information sharing in a large social network”.
- Cecile Bezuidenhoudt (2013). “Optimization procedures for large-scale simulations”
- Jon Calder. (2013, distinction). “Stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis with simplified uncertainty formats”
AIMS Structured Masters
- Lambert Kubwimana (2018): “Classifying the behaviour of African penguins from animal-borne cameras”
- Emmanuel Kabuga (2017, distinction): “Predicting Next Purchase Probabilities using Random Survival Forests”
- Evans Yeboah (2017): “Modelling Consumer Choice using Compositional Data Analysis”
- Zuko Mthwesi (2017): “Using distance sampling to infer animal density and abundance of Cape long-claw species in South Africa”
- Mamosebetsi Hlangoane (2016): “Species distribution modelling of Aloe dichotoma (quiver tree)”
- Linda Kumah (2016): “The Value of Ordinal Weight Constraints for Decision-Making”
- Vitalis Lagat (2015, distinction): “Community structure in the South African company network”
- Zainab Dere (2015): “A social network analysis of the South African corporate network from 1989 to 2013”
- Valentia Tlomatsana (2014): “SMAA-ER: Integrating the Evidential Reasoning (ER) approach with Stochastic Multi-criteria Acceptability Analysis (SMAA)”
- Georgina Rakotonirainy (2014, distinction): “The imprecise Dirichlet model for predicting consumer behaviour”