Information on all awards, research grants and funding I’ve received.
IJMR Collaborative Research award (2016): awarded for best article published as a collaboration between academic researchers and agency practitioners in the International Journal of Marketing Research, for “Eliminating order effects in association tasks without using randomization”.
Tom Rozwadowski Medal (2012): awarded for best peer-reviewed article published by a member of the Operations Research Society of South Africa, for “Modelling household responses to energy efficiency interventions via systems dynamics and survey data”.
Grants and funding
- Acoustic ecology in Africa conference hosting grant. Term: 2018. Amount: R20 000. Funding body: UCT Research Office.
- Animal density estimation using acoustic data. Term: 2017-2019. Amount: R235 000. Funding body: NRF (Rated Researchers Incentive Funding).
- Animal density estimation using acoustic data. Term: 2016-2017. Amount: R30 000. Funding body: NRF (UK-South Africa Researcher Links Mobility Grant).
- Statistics and Data Sciences in Industry Workshop (InSciDa). Term: 2016. Amount: R37 500. Funding body: DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (CoE-MASS).
- Statistics and Data Sciences in Industry Workshop (InSciDa). Term: 2016. Amount: R60 000. Funding body: Absa, Institute for Data Intensive Astronomy (IDIA), Eighty20 (local sponsors).
- Statistics and Data Sciences in Industry Workshop (InSciDa). Term: 2016. Amount: R178 600. Funding body: NRF/Newton Fund Researcher Links Grant.
- NRF Y2 rating. Term: 2014-2019. Amount: R240 000. Funding body: NRF
- Uncertainty in decision making. Term: 2012. Amount: R68 000. Funding body: NRF Thuthuka grant (post-PhD track). Funding terminated due to moving to adjunct (non-permanent position) in 2013.
- Adaptive multiattribute risky decision making. Amount: R120 000. Term: 2008-2011 NRF Thuthuka grant (pre-PhD track).