This is an list of my publications in peer-review journals and conference proceedingss. Copies of almost all of these papers are available on my ResearchGate page. If something is not available, send me an email and I’ll be happy to share it with you. My Google Scholar profile is here.
- Durbach IN and Montibeller G (2017). Predicting in Shock: On the Impact of Negative, Extreme, Rare, and Short Lived Events on Judgmental Forecasts. To appear in EURO Journal on Decision Processes.
- Watson NM, Durbach IN, Hendricks S and Stewart TJ. (2017). On the validity of team performance indicators in rugby union. To appear in International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport.
- Ebert P, Smith M, and Durbach IN (2017). Lottery judgments: A philosophical and experimental study. To appear in Philosophical Psychology.
- Durbach IN, Merven B and McCall B (2017). Expert elicitation of autocorrelated time series with application to e3 (energy-environment-economic) forecasting models. Environmental Software and Modelling 88: 93-105.
- Durbach IN and Calder J (2016). Modelling uncertainty in stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis. Omega 64: 13-23.
- Rodgers A, Mokoena M, Durbach I et al.\ (2016). Do teas rich in antioxidants reduce the physicochemical and peroxidative risk factors for calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis in humans? Pilot studies with Rooibos herbal tea and Japanese green tea. Urolithiasis 44: 299-310.
- Jack S, Hoffman T, Rohde R, and Durbach I (2016). Climate change sentinel or false prophet? The case of Aloe dichotoma. Diversity and Distributions 22: 745-757.
- Stewart TJ and Durbach IN (2016). Dealing with Uncertainties in MCDA. In Greco S, Ehrgott M, Figuera JM (eds), Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis: State of the Art Surveys, Springer. Chapter 12: 467-496.
- Durbach IN and Lloyd G (2015). Eliminating order effects in association tasks without using randomization. International Journal of Market Research 57(5): 759-776.
- Calder J and Durbach IN. (2015) Decision support for player selection in rugby. International Journal of Sports Science and Coaching 10(1): 21-38.
- Durbach IN, Lahdelma R, Salminen P (2014). The analytic hierarchy process with stochastic judgments. European Journal of Operational Research 238: 552-559
- Clark AE and Durbach IN (2014). Using Bayesian change-point models to assess changes in customer loyalty over time. Management Dynamics 23(2): 14-26.
- Jack SL, Hoffman MT, Rohde RF, Durbach I, Archibald, M (2014). Blow me down! A new perspective on Aloe dichotoma mortality as a result of windthrow.. BMC Ecology 14:7
- Durbach IN (2014). Outranking under uncertainty using scenarios. European Journal of Operational Research 232, 98-108
- Gweshe TM and Durbach IN (2013). An analysis of the efficiency of player performance at the 2011 Cricket World Cup. ORiON 29(2), 137-153
- Rodgers AL, Allie-Hamdulay S, Jackson GE, and Durbach I (2013). Theoretical modelling of the urinary supersaturation of calcium salts in healthy individuals and kidney stone patients: Precursors, speciation and therapeutic protocols for decreasing its value. Journal of Crystal Growth 382, 67-74
- Durbach I, Scott L, Nyirenda J, Silal S (2013). Operational research(ers) in development: Growing a new generation of operational researchers. ORiON 29(1), 87-102
- Durbach IN, Katshunga D and Parker H (2013). Community structure and centrality effects in the South African company network. South African Journal of Business Management 44(2), 35-43
- Durbach IN and Davis SJ (2012). Decision support for selecting a shortlist of electricity-saving options: a modified SMAA approach. ORiON 28(2), 99-116
- Durbach IN and Stewart TJ (2012). Modeling uncertainty in multi-criteria decision analysis. European Journal of Operational Research 223, 1-14
- Durbach IN (2012). An empirical test of the evidential reasoning approach’s synthesis axioms. Expert Systems with Applications 39, 11048-11054
- Durbach IN and Stewart TJ (2012). A comparison of simplified value function approaches for treating uncertainty in multi-criteria decision analysis. Omega 40, 456-464
- Durbach IN and Stewart TJ (2011). An experimental study of the effect of uncertainty representation on decision making. European Journal of Operational Research 214, 380-392
- Davis S and Durbach I (2010). Modelling household responses to energy efficiency interventions via systems dynamics and survey data. ORiON 26(2), 79-96
- Durbach IN (2009). The use of the SMAA acceptability index in descriptive decision analysis. European Journal of Operational Research 196, 1229-1337
- Durbach IN (2009). On the estimation of a satisficing model of choice using stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis, Omega 37, 497-509
- Durbach IN and Stewart TJ (2009). Using expected values to simplify decision making under uncertainty. Omega 37, 312-330
- Durbach IN and Parker H (2009). An analysis of corporate board networks in South Africa. South African Journal of Business Management 40(2), 15-26
- Durbach IN, Naidoo D and Mouton J (2008). Co-authorship networks in South African chemistry and mathematics. South African Journal of Science 104, 487-492
- Barr GDI and Durbach IN (2008). Consumer preference for risk and return: the slot machine case. International Gambling Studies 8(3), 265-280
- Durbach IN and Barr GDI (2008). Illustrating dependence between random variables using slot machines, Teaching Statistics 30(3), 89-92
- Durbach IN and Thiart J (2007). On a common perception of a random sequence in cricket, South African Statistics Journal 41, 157-183
- Durbach IN and Hofmeyr JH (2007). Interactions between market barriers and communication networks in marketing systems, Proceedings of the sixth international joint conference on autonomous agents and multiagent systems, ACM Press, New York, 375-382
- Durbach IN (2006). A simulation-based test of stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis using achievement functions, European Journal of Operational Research 170, 923-934
- Durbach IN and Hofmeyr JH (2006). An agent-based model of the effect of referrals on systems of satisficing decision makers, Proceedings of 11th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering Theory, Applications \& Practice, Nagoya, Japan, 1326-1331
- Durbach IN and Stewart TJ (2003). Integrating scenario planning and goal programming, Journal of Multi-criteria Decision Analysis 12, 261-271